Press "Enter" to skip to content

Popular Pro-Life Website LifeSite News Gets Banned By YouTube

Breitbart News reported Wednesday that Google-owned YouTube has banned LifeSite News, one of the top online pro-life news sources.

Vice president of LifeSite News, Gualberto Garcia Jones, told Breitbart News that the site expected to be censored by Big Tech at some point, and had began using alternative platforms like Gab, Rumble, MeWe, and Telegram.

RELATED: Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Gets Testy With Fox Reporter, Dismisses Concerns About Biological Males Competing In Girls Sports

LifeSite News Banned From YouTube

Garcia Jones said, “The truth is, we’ve been anticipating this for some time.”

“YouTube, along with other Big Tech corporations, are simply not interested in allowing anyone to dissent from their state-approved, liberal ideology,” Garcia Jones added.

Garcia Jones noted that truth and the free flow of information is becoming increasingly threatened, and therefore LifeSite News had already began diversifying its social media presence.

“Fortunately, we’ve already taken preemptive measures to ensure the truth will continue to reach the ears of those most in need of it in these dictatorial times,” Garcia Jones said.

A YouTube spokeswoman told Breitbart News that LifeSite was blacklisted because the site supposedly violated the platform’s “COVID-19 misinformation” policy.

“In accordance with our long standing strikes system, we terminated the channel LifeSite News Media for repeatedly violating our COVID-19 misinformation policy, which prohibits content that promotes prevention methods that contradict local health authorities or WHO,” said the spokeswoman.

“Any channel that violates our COVID-19 misinformation policy will receive a strike, which temporarily restricts uploading or live-streaming,” the spokeswoman added.

Conservative Sites Continue To Be Censored

She continued, “Channels that receive three strikes in the same 90-day period will be permanently removed from YouTube.”

It’s no secret that Big Tech has been pressing its thumb down hard on a variety of conservative sites.

Breitbart News noted, “Publishers who have been hit with a manual action by Google will be able to appeal the decision by ‘fixing’ whatever issue violated the policy and then submitting their website to Google for a review.”

“Google states that it could take ‘several days or a week’ for the tech giant to reach a final decision,” Breitbart News observed.

RELATED: CNN’s Don Lemon Tells Trump Supporters They Can’t Support Trump And Demand Respect For Police

LifeSites’s Garcia Jones: ‘So Be It’

Garcia Jones said that LifeSite will not be bullied.

“Like Christ, we will never tire nor waver in bringing His teachings to a world in need,” Garcia Jones said.

“If that means getting banned completely from social media, so be it,” he added. “We rejoice at being persecuted for His sake.”

The move comes after tech giant Twitter recently announced that Donald Trump will never be allowed back on the platform, even if he decides to run for President again.

Twitter CFO Ned Segal stated, “The way our policies work, when you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform, whether you’re a commentator, you’re a CFO, or you are a former or current public official.”

This piece originally appeared in ThePoliticalInsider.com and is used by permission.

Read more at ThePoliticalInsider.com:
Report: Democrats Have A Back-Up Plan That Might Still Bar Trump From Running Again If Impeachment Fails
Here Are the 6 Republicans Who Voted That Trump’s Impeachment Trial Is Constitutional
CNBC: Americans Angry With Dems Over Stimulus Checks, ‘Targeted Attack’ On The Middle Class